Do you know what a Marionberry is?

Unless you live on the west coast or have visited Oregon you probably have never heard of them!




The Marionberries are in season here in Oregon. they just happen to be not only my favorite caneberry, but my website and my Etsy shop are named after this yummy sweet juicy blackberry.


Here is a little bit of trivia on this berry-- Oregon is where the Marion blackberry was born--in fact, right here in Marion county where I live. It is a cross of the Chehalem and Olallieberry blackberries to bring a big juicy berry perfect for pies and preserves.

Of course I have to have my fill of fresh marionberries sprinkled over creamy yogurt for breakfast, and I always freeze plenty to enjoy during the winter months to make sweet scones, cobbler and oh so sinful cheesecakes....

Here is a very interesting and beautiful website chock full of yummy recipes! Oregon berries

Enjoy!

Debbi

Marionberry Cottage


Pin It button on image hover