A new life for a pretty tea cup

Its always fun to find something that has a couple of flaws and turn it into something really pretty and useful. When I found this bluebird teacup on etsy, I fell in love with the tiny pink roses and the sweet bluebirds. It had a little bit of paint missing from the rim and no matching saucer, but I knew it would fashion into a lovely pin cushion.

I gathered up a bunch of vintage chenille, new and vintage ribbons, buttons, lace and rick rack. I really never know how it one of these will turn out, but that is part of the fun!

Viola! A sweet bluebird pin cushion! I added more embellishments including a hand rolled ribbon rose and more buttons. I forgot to add the 3 ribbon rose straight pins when I took pics, but they are shown in the first picture

I will be offering this not too shabby, and very sweet pincushion on my website Marionberry Cottage. This also makes a perfect gift for one who quilts, does embroidery or sews!
Pin It button on image hover