To Market

Normally, I'm the one telling my kids not to put things off. I hate to be late (even though our family is always late to church). I don't like to stew over stuff so I always do the yucky jobs first. But lately it seems I've developed a wretched procrastination affliction. It's been a long time since I've had some creative time to myself (and yes, I've put it off because there are so many other things to be done), but a few days ago I retreated to the attic studio and put together some Market Bags from repurposed grain sacks. I forgot how calm it is up there. How pretty. I love that room. I took my time stitching, telling myself that I need this time alone. Unbelievably, I felt guilty sitting up there enjoying my time away from the kids. Lest I give the impression that I'm a workaholic, homeschoolaholic, cleanaholic... you should know that as I write there are dirty dishes in my sink, wet clothes still in the washer, school work has fallen a few days behind & I stopped midway while rearranging the furniture... three days ago. There are dinning room chairs in the living room and dust bunnies in place of the tv armoire. I'm not an "aholic" of anything.

Except maybe Flea Markets... So I decided to get the bags ready this week. I'm junking this Saturday. Because time away from all the jobs that moms do, even if we feel guilty about it, can energize us... inspire a creation... fill the bank of endearment toward our children... give us just enough sanity to make it through one more week.

Posted by: Polly ~ Counting Your Blessings

Sharing the Beautiful Life and Show & Tell Friday

Pin It button on image hover