Ordinary Objects

Lately, I've been wanting to fix up my ordinary objects to reflect my style a bit more. I had lots of totes lying around...some plain and some with logos I didn't really care for...so I thought I might cover the ugly logos with scrap fabric. The tote above is covered in a paisley fabric that I just tore and left the edges raw...a little bit of fabric glue and there you have it.

This ruffle tote is made with your basic plain tote that I embellished with pre-made white cotton ruffles and some velvet ribbon. Again, a bit of fabric glue, an aged tag and lace and your done. {inspiration courtesy of this amazing blogger}

Now, this idea came from this wonderful book. I reference this book all the time and have really enjoyed making the transition to cleaning my home with more eco-friendly and natural products.

These are just your run of the mill everyday plastic hangers that I covered in torn white muslin. At first, I thought covering the hangers would just make my closet look nicer...but in fact...with the hangers covered, our clothes hang better and don't slip off...perfect for tank tops.


What are you doing to change your ordinary objects to reflect your style?

~Andrea from Faded Plains


Pin It button on image hover