Collecting "affordable" German porcelain

by
Marionberry Cottage


My collecting passion of Vintage German porcelain began literally with the plate you see in the first photo below
My mother passed it on to me one Christmas about 10 years ago. It was one of the many collectibles of my grandmother. I just loved the pink roses and sprays of blue forget me nots.
That began my curiosity about how old it was and maybe how valuable it could be. I learned that the mark on this pretty plate--Leuchtenburg made in Germany dated approx 1910-1935.
Although not as collectible or as expensive as the more popular RS Prussia mark, I was determined to find more matching pieces of this pretty porcelain! I invested in a book of German marks and found that a lot of the history of German porcelain was lost amongst two world wars, and what is known is sketchy. Most of the porcelain manufacturers shut down business when WWII began, only to never restart. We are not sure when Grandma bought this plate. She could have purchased it or received it as a wedding gift in the 1920's. But she did also work in a thrift store in the 1970's where she purchased many very pretty things!


This berry bowl set took me 6 years to find all the matching pieces!


I also fell in love with this MZ Austria pattern, so I have collected a few of those too.


This gorgeous biscuit jar was a door prize my mom got at a family reunion in South Dakota. I was thrilled to receive it as a birthday gift one year!


This is my "to die 4" most yummy roses find!

I hope you have enjoyed a peek at my passion for collecting "affordable"
vintage German porcelain. I am always on the hunt for great finds that I can pass a few on to my customers on my website too.

Marionberry Cottage
Pin It button on image hover