Say cheese !! .... Vintage Black Friday No.01 .... 2011

Happy New Year VBFers !! It appears you all have had a wonderful holiday season and are looking forward to a fresh new year. I noticed a bunch of my fellow bloggers received new cameras as presents over the past few weeks ... lucky you! I also noticed there is a lot of discussion about these new 'toys' ... the bells and whistles, ease of use, which one to choose, lenses, bags, the list goes on and on. Can you imagine if these little pretties below were your only choices?


We would never settle for them today ... only as props to pretty our vintage inspired decor .... however, I got to thinking about what we do to manipulate or photos today ... there are a zillion on-line programs, not to mention photoshop .... for what? To make our fancy schamcy photos from our new cameras appear old, distressed and authentically aged ... kinda funny, don't ya think? Thousands of dollars to produce what that little box above will do 'automatically' ... I'm just sayin' ....

Happy Vintage Black Friday ... what do you have up your sleeve to share this week?

xo Jill {from Gypsy Brocante}

ps. My personal link today is a "repost" ... since this is the time of year we tend to look back .... I thought it would be fun to revisit the VERY 1st Vintage Black Friday post.
Pin It button on image hover