Shedding Some Light

The day before the vendors would arriving at our Vintage Market, I got a wild hair for a new old chandelier in what would be the entry area for the shoppers.  Let me warn you that shopping for a vintage chandelier at the last minute is not the way to save money!  Mr. Blessing and I spent precious hours driving from one little haunt to another until we finally found one that I liked.  And boy was I grateful that it came with the light bulbs because I didn't have a dime left after buying the chandelier. 
When we got home and started installing it, we realized that the support beams under the beadboard ceiling had all be cut away by the previous owner of the house.  We called a friend to help us do some carpentry work and by 9:00 that night we wiring it up.  I wish I had a picture of the three of us on that ladder, in the dark, laughing at our "last minute home improvements".

I love how it turned out!  I love that I get to keep it now that the sale is successfully behind us.  And I love my silly friends who made this picture to remind me how wonderful Mr. Blessing really is...
Blessings... Polly (Counting Your Blessings)
Pin It button on image hover