Voila! Thursday .... French Hemp Grain Sacks


Nothing compares to the feel of an antique French grain sack.
It's rustic, heavy, nubbly texture is heaven ... not to mention the shades of cream, ecru, and white striped with blue or red. A monogram or graphic on the sack provides even more beauty. One can only dream of a sack that has a hand mended hole adding to it's glory.


I found a website, 3 Fine Grains, that specializes in grain sacks and found the best description of their history here. If you have a moment to check it out ... it's very interesting.
We've seen the popularity of these beauties soar ... so much in fact, it's said that the supply will soon be gone! They are being used for just about everything in the home ... pillows, upholstery ,drapes ... you name it ... you can find it.
Here are some not so ordinary French grain sack inspirations I found on-line ...
 Grain sack purse


Market tote

 That was enough to get my wheels turning ... what could I do {a little out of the ordinary} with my inspiration? Here's what I came up with ... painted galvanized buckets.


If you want to learn more, I've posted an easy-peasy tutorial today. {here}

au revoir
xo

Pin It button on image hover