Cottage Violets

I love the look and feel of fine English bone china.
And I prefer my altered art with a softer, gentler look.
I would call my style English Cottage or perhaps, Cozy Cottage.
I believe we should all let the child in us live and breathe, play with paperdolls, have an imaginary tea party, relieve the stress of a hectic world. My little Cottage Violets is full of English china. We also carry paper dolls and linens, tchotchkes and crafts.
Just for fun, I have included Gabby’s Bunny Tales on the site. It is the story of Miss Violet Teacake and the happenings at the Old Vicarage in Harrington Woods (ie, Cottage Violets). Don’t miss out on the story of Gardenia Abigail Bluebell Boxwoody, the girl of all-work. I love my little Cottage Violets and hope you will too.
I am inspired by English china. The look, the feel, the myriad of patterns, the beautiful ring it has when lightly tapped. I am inspired by the thought of a gentler time. A time we might all have if we bring peace and quiet to our cottages, the intimacy of family worship, a time to explore beauty and words without outside interruption.
Lord Byron said it best in “She Walks In Beauty”. Why not walk in beauty and let your home be a reflection of that beauty? Here is an excerpt:
SHE walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies,
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meets in her aspect and her eyes;
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which Heaven to gaudy day denies.
Theresa - Cottage Violets

Pin It button on image hover