Voila! ... French Inspiration

Hello and happy day to all of you!
...and thank you! Thank you for your help last week on my French frame dilemma ... all great ideas,
I especially liked the one from
Kathleen at Charm Bracelet Diva
"I've got a similar frame (still gold, yet to be painted) and am also mulling over what to do. I'm torn between the message board and blackboard. You could also string wire across the opening in rows and clip pictures, ephemera, mementos onto it. Kind of like a changeable shadow box!"

I've been looking for a cool way to display earrings that are for sale at the Gypsy Market and I think this will do the trick ... wire strung {lots of it} with earrings displayed...thanks Kathleen!
 This week I started working on a gift for my daughter ... a French inspired journal.
She has always wanted to visit France and dreams of going someday ... I thought this might help keep her dream alive ... a place to write or sketch it all.
I only just started and am far from completing it.
Sorry for the photos, lighting wasn't great early this am ...
I covered a .99 cent black and white composition book with lavender velvet
on the outside and purple toile on the inside.
I added an antique cardboard photo frame with a french dictionary page and added one of her old prom photos. I embellished with old fabric and buttons and my french rubber stamps.
To give the velvet a worn look I rubbed it with sandpaper taking off some of the pile.
I'll keep you posted on my progress ... I hope she likes it!
See, your french inspired projects don't even have to be 100% finished to share ... all they have to do is inspire someone to create with a little French flair! Link on up girls ; )

xo
Jill {Gypsy Brocante}

Pin It button on image hover