French Inspired Summer Reading...

Welcome to my first post on the French Cupboard blog...I am so glad you have stopped by...

When summer arrives, one of my favorite things to do, is finally taking time to read some of the books that I have been meaning to get to. I bring them along with me to the beach or beside the pool, or while spending an afternoon outside on the porch. And on those really hot days...inside with the central air blowing...

I am delighted to be here sharing some French inspired books that you may want to add to your list for reading this summer...

For those of you {like me} who dream of moving to the South of France...spending time in Provence...and learning what it is really like to be an American living in France...here are some picks for you...
Words in a French Life by Kristin Espinasse
A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle
Chasing Matisse: A Year in France Living My Dream by James Morgan

And for the die hard Marie fans...some that you may enjoy...
Marie Antoinette: The Journey by Antonia Frasier
Queen of Fashion by Carlone Weber
The Private Realm of Marie Antoinette

A peek inside the delightful Private Realm...it is overflowing with beautiful photos and insight into Marie's world...

The one that I hope to get to this summer...

A recent addition to my "decorating" library {while more flipped through than read per say} is Thrifty Chic, which is filled with wonderful tips and ideas for creating a chicly decorated home on a budget...

This book is filled with inspiring photos and decorating ideas...

And of course, these days no home is complete without the ever inspiring Jeanne d'Arc Living magazine. While this magazine is sought in the States for it's eye candy appeal rather than the articles {it's in Danish}...you will surely gain inspiration and have the cares of the day soothed away by the enticing homes and photographs shared here...
I hope that all of you find some time to pick up a good book {or magazine} and get inspired this summer...

{All of the above mentioned books are available online...many for reasonable prices on Amazon.com; Jeanne d'Arc Living is available through select online retailers including Raised in Cotton and Enchanted Treasures}

What's on your reading list for the summer ahead?

Till next time...

Visit me at:
and my personal blog:

Pin It button on image hover